There are some things in life that I enjoy doing and one of them is 'reading'.
Reading is an activity that can offer both information and pleasure. But it depends entirely on what you read.
If you read useless and trashy stuff, then you wouldn't benefit from reading.
However, if you read books of value, it is an entirely different story altogether.
If you have been reading for a long time now, you would know that benefits would always come to those who read, as long as they read the right stuff. In some cases the person may not be consciously aware of the advantages, but he/she will definitely realize them in the long run.
For those of you who are averse to reading, I'm now going to list a few (out of many) benefits of reading. This is a small attempt on my part to get you folks to join the reading bandwagon.
- Reading is a great vocabulary booster-while reading books,especially challenging ones, you will find yourself exposed to many new words which you wouldn't have come across otherwise
- Reading makes you use your brain!- It is an active mental process
- There is no better opportunity for learning than through reading
- Reading aids in improving your concentration levels-since you need to focus on what you're reading
- Reading helps in relieving stress-it makes you feel fresh
- Creativity is enhanced by reading-since you are exposed to new ideas and info
- Reading serves as a means to combat boredom
- Reading gives you something to talk about-the possibilities of sharing what you have read are endless
Reading can change your life! The habit of reading is an addictive one and you wouldn't want to overcome this addiction EVER!
Before you start reading, remember that it will do you good if you attain a healthy balance between reading fiction and non-fiction. This will help you get the most out of the reading habit
(Images courtesy: Google Images)