Oct 2, 2014

My first 55 fiction

I have read many 55 fiction stories and wanted to try my hand at writing one. But  I was somehow hesitant for a long time. Today, I finally decided to give it a shot. Here goes:

They exchanged rings as a mark of marital union. Her face glowed with happiness as she cherished the moment. Stretching  out her hands to reach his, she touched something cold and hard. She opened her eyes to find her hands on the bedside alarm clock. Becoming his wife would always remain a dream for her.

Note: 55 fiction is basically a short story with exactly 55 words or less. Many people use surprise endings since the story is so short. For more info, check this link

7 comments:

Gary Thaller said...

Great idea. I'll give it a try.

This morning, at the darkest part of the night, I was walking behind the thrift store. There was a pickup truck and man keeping watch. Three women were scavenging in the large dumpster.

I went back after sunrise to take a picture. I found the scavengers weren’t taking. They were leaving –

Body parts.

Gershon
http://gwwhatisyourblog.blogspot.com

Judy said...

That was good writing, I didn't expect the outcome. What's 55 fiction?

Deepz said...

@Gary: Thanks. And wow. I liked your 55 fiction too..scary...

Deepz said...

@Jacqui: Thank you :)
@ Judy: Thanks a lot :) 55 fiction is a short story of 55 words or less. Most 55 fictions have surprise endings..

bookworm said...

I hadn't heard of 55 fiction, either. I enjoyed the surprise ending. Well written. Alana

Anonymous said...

for the first one, a splendid job here :) Loved how the dream in this fiction ended being a dream forever :) I simply love flash fictions and I just couldn't stop starting one :) Best Wishes Deepika.

Deepz said...

Thanks a lot..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...