Oct 4, 2014

Top Ten Books that I love

You would be aware of the book list challenge that was recently doing the rounds on Facebook.  For those of you who aren't aware, the challenge is simply this: In a few minutes, without thinking, you have to list the top 10 books that stayed with you in some way, those which you love :) After that you have to tag ten of your friends to continue the chain.

I got a chance to make my list, thanks to my friend Olympia who tagged me. And I decided to blog about the same, just because I want to share it with a wider audience.

Before I list the books, I would like to mention that these books may not be literary masterpieces or impressive books. But they are all personal favourites that have touched my heart and stayed with me in some way. After each book in the list, I have included a description too! Here goes:

1. Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling
Simply the best books I've ever read so far in my life! No description needed. Enough said :)

2. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
A thought provoking book that showcases the personality of a woman as described by the perceptions of different people. Loved it.

3. Idle Hours by R.K Laxman
Simple yet heartwarming writing makes this one delightful to read. It is a collection of short stories, anecdotes, travelogues and essays.

4. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
A touching and compelling tale that tugs at my heartstrings for the tragedy of it all.

5. Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks
A story that speaks of love and loss, and of fate. I like it because I'm a romantic at heart!

6. The Vague Woman's Handbook by Devapriya Roy
A lovely story of friendship between two women of different generations and how they learn from each other. I could totally relate to this book.

7. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
This was the first book of short stories that I read. The stories are extraordinary and unforgettable.

8. The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
A philosophical book that can be life changing.

9. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
It has a very interesting plot and I was glued to the book as I tried to solve the code.

10. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Because a girl's list of favourite books is incomplete without some good chic-lit. This book is romantic and hilarious.

It was so hard to stop with just ten books. Here are a few books that almost made it to the top ten. These include childhood favourites too.

11. Twelve Red Herrings by Jeffrey Archer
12. Famous Five series by Enid Blyton
13. Malory Towers series by Enid Blyton
14. Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
15. If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon
16. Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern

Liked my list? Want to share yours? Comment below and continue the chain. You can blog about your list as well :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lovely list. Digital fortress is always my favourite too...

Judy said...

Oh this was difficult so I had to write it up before I changed my mind:
-Return Of the Native by Thomas Hardy
- The Go Between by LP Hartley
- War Of The Worlds by HG Wells
- My Dear I Have Something To Tell You by Louisa Young
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Island by Victoria Hislop
- Testament of Youth by Vera Britain
- Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
- Earthly Joys by Phillipa Gregory

Bonus
- Rogue Herries by Hugh Walpole
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Childhood Books
- Meg's Veg by Helen Nicholl
- Lost At The Fair by ?
- The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goodge
- Blitz Cat by Robert Westall

Deepz said...

Thanks Cynthia
@ Judy: interesting list of books you've got there. Thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...